October is Cyber Security Awareness Month
October 1, 2019: We will be posting information all month long to help educate Canadians on how to detect and prevent instances of fraud.
Cyber Security Awareness Month is an internationally recognized campaign held each October to inform the public of the importance of cyber security.
The CAFC will be sharing daily advice and guidance through our Facebook and Twitter pages. We encourage you to follow and visit our social profiles often for new information.
We will also be hosting a weekly hour-long #FraudChat on Twitter. Our fraud chats will feature special guests and follow the weekly themes set out by #GetCyberSafe campaign. We encourage you to join the conversation each Wednesday at 1PM (Eastern time). Our #FraudChat schedule:
- October 2: An Introduction to the Cyber Threat Environment
- October 9: How Cyber Threats Affect You
- October 16: How to Protect Yourself Online
- October 23: How to Protect Your Business Online
- October 30: How We Can Work Together
Finally, we will be wrapping up CSAM by answering all of your Frequently Asked Questions. Submit your questions throughout the month via any of our social pages by October 27th. Check back for the answers on the 31st!
- Follow, like and share Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre content on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow, like and share the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security's Get Cyber Safe content on Facebook GetCyberSafe, Twitter GetCyberSafe, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Use #CSAM, #GetCyberSafe, #cyber, #cybersecurity in your posts during the month of October.
- #Tell2 people offline and protect many!
If you think you or someone you know has been a victim of fraud, please contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
Competition Bureau of Canada
Ontario Provincial Police
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada
Better Business Bureau
(BBB Locator Tool)
Fraud: Recognize, report and stop it!
- Date modified: