The ArriveCan app is free – beware of fraudulent third party websites
This bulletin was prepared to warn the public about third party websites claiming to be ArriveCAN. ArriveCAN is free and secure and is the official Government of Canada platform to provide mandatory travel information before and after entry into Canada.
As many people are starting to travel, it is important that you download the official ArriveCAN mobile app (available on the App Store or on Google Play) or visit the ArriveCAN website.
The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre has received reports from victims who have provided their credit card information on fraudulent sites and were required to pay a fee. In most cases, the victims are putting themselves at risk for identity fraud.
Warning signs and how to protect yourself
- ArriveCAN is free! It will never ask you for payment or your credit card information!
- Be cautious with search engine results. Scammers are paying or using tools to have their site among the top suggestions.
- For more information on ArriveCAN, visit the website.
- Be wary about who you're sharing personal information with. Verify that you are dealing with a trusted source.
- Learn more tips and tricks for protecting yourself from fraud.
- Date modified: